About the Firm
Accomplished Winston-Salem Criminal Defense Lawyer Fights for Clients
Established North Carolina law firm ready to defend you in state or federal court
If you have been accused of a crime, you may wonder where to turn and worry about what it means for your future and your freedom. You need a resourceful attorney who understands the law and knows his way around the courtroom. At Nils E. Gerber, PLLC in Winston-Salem, I have been successfully defending clients against criminal charges ranging from traffic violations to homicide for more than two decades. Having built a reputation as a skilled attorney who knows how to win jury trials, I am prepared to help you mount a strong legal defense.
Reputable representation and personalized attention to protect your rights
In criminal proceedings, having an attorney familiar with the North Carolina court system and recent changes in the law can make a huge difference. At Nils E. Gerber, PLLC, I bring to the table more than 21 years of experience in criminal defense. I know the system, and I know the law. I also recognize each defendant and case is different. That is why Winston-Salem residents facing state or federal charges trust me to:
- Deliver personalized service — I will take the time to understand the details of your case, so I can maximize your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
- Provide informed legal counsel — My firm focuses solely on criminal defense, giving me powerful insight into trial strategies and plea negotiations and allowing me to keep pace with recent legal developments that may affect your case.
- Protect their rights — I am committed to ensuring my clients understand their rights and receive due process of law, every step of the way.
Whether arguing before a jury or hammering out a plea deal, I passionately advocate for my clients to offer them the best possible outcome.
Areas of Practice
Resourceful criminal defense attorney for misdemeanors and felonies
Drawing on my extensive experience trying cases in state and federal court, I can explain your rights, tell you what to expect, fight for your interests, and devise a strategy to resolve criminal matters including:
- Traffic citations and DUI/DWI — I skillfully defend clients against charges of traffic violations and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- White collar and internet crimes — Whether you are facing charges of embezzlement, credit card fraud, insider trading, identity theft or other white collar or internet offenses, I can protect your rights and interests.
- Conspiracy — I can help you battle against charges of conspiring to commit a crime, such as in narcotics and healthcare fraud cases.
- Drug crimes — If you are facing state or federal drug charges for trafficking, manufacturing or possessing a controlled substance, don’t leave your case up to chance. Let me fight for you.
- Domestic violence — I can help you resolve charges of domestic violence against a relative or household member.
- Sex crimes —Defending yourself against serious sex crime accusations such as rape or child pornography can be tough, making it important to have a trusted attorney on your side.
- Homicide — I have experience handling complicated homicide cases and will remain committed to protecting your rights, including the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.
If you are facing criminal charges, it’s important to find an experienced and dedicated defense attorney immediately. I offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and discuss your legal options.
Contact a knowledgeable North Carolina criminal defense lawyer for a free consultation
Whether you’ve been arrested or are being investigated, the sooner you retain strong defense counsel, the better your chances of achieving a positive outcome. Do not delay in seeking qualified, personalized legal advice from the highly regarded law firm of Nils E. Gerber, PLLC in Winston-Salem. For a free consultation, please call 336-748-1400 or contact me online